Janene has treated many infants and children at A Holistic Healing Centre. Infant massage is usually a part of that treatment.
Infant massage is useful to:
- Improve the baby’s immune system
- Help the infant learn to relax
- Promote sounder and longer sleep
- Help the production of endorphins, which relieves stress.
- Promote bonding (verbal and non-verbal communication is developed)
- Regulate digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems
- Relieve pain and discomfort from gas and colic, congestion and teething
The benefits for parents are also apparent, as a special focused time allocated for massage can deepen bonding. This can be especially useful for mothers with post partum depression and teenage mothers who are having difficulty developing parenting skills. Fathers who are separated from the baby as they work during the day, find that it alleviates their feelings of being left out. Studies have proven that babies who have close bonds with their parents (babies that have been held and massaged) grow into adults that are likely to be cooperative and well balanced individuals.
For more about Janene and the techniques she uses for baby health problems please click here >>>