Crystal Therapy uses semiprecious and precious stones to balance the Chakra energy points to enhance mental, spiritual and physical healing. It is based on the belief that certain crystals and gems possess a powerful energy that can positively affect imbalances in human energy fields and thus promote health and well-being.
Listed are some of the Chakras (energy points) and relevant stones that may be used for healing:
- Root Chakra – jasper, garnet, onyx, rubies
- Second Chakra (womb) – hematite, moonstone
- Third Chakra (solar plexus) – citrine, amber, topaz
- Fourth Chakra (heart) – rose quartz, Chinese fluorite
- Fifth Chakra (throat) – aquamarine, turquoise
- Sixth Chakra (third eye) – sapphire, turquoise, amethyst
- Seventh Chakra (crown) – clear quartz or amethyst.
During a Crystal Therapy session the patient may lie clothed on a comfortable bed or on a table. Stones of specific colour, pattern, or type can be placed around the body or on specific energy points. Stones may stay on sites of pain for 20 to 40 minutes.
When a crystal or stone is held or topically applied, a person is accepting the vibrations that the gem has to offer, either intentionally or unconsciously. The interaction between the vibrations of the crystals and the vibrations of the person’s body will trigger a series of responses including creating a spontaneous energy or vibrational flow.
Crystal Therapy is a channel for pure positive energy and the client is responsible for accepting the healing. It can be deeply relaxing and can initiate the release of physical and emotional blockages.